Welcome to Trump Watch, your daily digest of all pertinent news, information, and resources to help fight with #TheResistance. The day count is the number of days since Donald Trump was inaugurated on January 20, 2017.
Today, while Donald Trump intentionally created a stupid media controversy about the ratings for his Inauguration. While we ate it up and squabbled at each other the way he intended, he successfully distracted from the real stories in Washington today:
- BREAKING: On Wednesday, Trump is expected to sign executive orders that ban refugees and suspend visas for citizens of Syria and 6 Middle-Eastern and African countries. The Trump Administration has ordered the Environmental Protections Agency (EPA) to delete the climate change page on their website.
- Trump expands anti-abortion laws providing federal money to international family planning groups that perform abortions or provide abortion information to all organizations receiving U.S. global health assistance.
- Despite having been officially inaugurated after an insane transition period, Donald Trump is continuing to lob allegations that illegal voters fraudulently cast votes in the general election, something we know is categorically false.
- White House Senior Staffer KellyAnne Conway, when confronted by Chuck Todd in a live interview, declined to admit that Trump’ had lied about the paltry numbers the inauguration commanded in terms of attendance and viewership, instead referring to her account of things as being “alternative facts.”
- The United States Department of Agriculture and the Environmental Protections Agency have been banned from communicating with the public using news releases or social media, and incoming media requests will be “carefully screened” (in addition to a similar gag placed on the National Park Service last week).
- The National Park Service has defied Trump’s order in a beautiful example of resistance that stands up for our fundamental rights.
- Donald Trump signed an executive order to advance construction of the controversial Keystone and Dakota pipelines, measures that Barack Obama worked hard to try and prevent. This is particularly problematic as the pipeline will be built by Energy Transfer Partners (ETP) and Trump recently sold shares of ETP stock. Oh and surprise! Rick Perry, Trump’s nominee for Energy Secretary sits on the board of ETP.
- Trump signed an executive order to begin construction of the border wall along the Mexican border as well as to target sanctuary cities.
- Facebook users are reporting the mysterious and inexplicable disappearance of their Trump-related content posted to their profiles. It began when this video of Donald Trump seemingly chastising Melania Trump began to go viral, and people started to report their videos had gone missing. Now the problem has allegedly continued to other content. Hoax, or troubling trend towards censorship?
Why did this video, which was shared thousands of times on Facebook, suddenly disappear from users pages? What is Donald saying to Melania? pic.twitter.com/tr43mwdHYd
- IN SUM: THE TEN EXECUTIVE ORDERS THAT DONALD TRUMP HAS SIGNED SO FAR. It’s a doozy.
- Donald Trump is expected to announce his nominee for Supreme Court Justice tomorrow. Barack Obama’s choice, Merrick Garland, was effectively filibustered by Republicans until the end of his term despite his nomination having taken place a year ago.
- As expected, Republicans are slamming through the cabinet confirmation hearings. Here are the four most controversial picks.
- Mike Pompeo has been confirmed for the CIA.
- Rex Tillerson, the CEO of ExxonMobil has already been confirmed by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee which all but ensures he will be confirmed. Tillerson has a troubling long-standing relationship with Russia.
My fellow Americans: Your newly confirmed Secretary of State Rex Tillerson accepting Putin's Friend of Russia award! pic.twitter.com/rc6hmjlkeV
— Alex Mohajer (@AlexMohajer) January 24, 2017
It’s time’s like these that we really start to miss these guys:
— Alex Mohajer (@AlexMohajer) January 25, 2017
Alex Mohajer is the Co-Founder and Editor-in-Chief of Bros4America and a Political Writer and Commentator for The Huffington Post. You may tweet him at @alexmohajer.