Your daily update of pertinent #Resistance news, information, and resources.
Here’s the sitch, folks: Donald Trump is more belligerent and capable of massive destruction to our country than even the most dire of “resisters” gave him credit for.
THE FIRST WEEK IN SUM
In his first week in the White House, Donald has:
- Started appealing Obama Care.
- Reinstated the Global Gag Rule.
- Ordered construction of his wall to run along the border of Mexico.
- Resumed construction of the previously-halted Keystone XL and the Dakota Access pipelines.
- Threatened to invade Chicago and implement martial law in order to get a control of crime there.
- Banned government agencies from communicating with the public.
- Banned Syrian refugees and citizens from 7 Muslim countries from entering the United States, all while still allowing an ongoing relationship with countries like Saudi Arabia, with whom he has a vested foreign business interest.
- In response to Uber’s CEO openly promoting a developing relationship with Donald Trump, Bros4America is joining a nationwide boycott of Uber. DELETE YOUR UBER TODAY and download Lyft, which has just as many ride-shares as Uber and is a far more ethical company
- Help Democrats oppose Donald Trump’s pick to Secretary of Education Betsy Devos. They have set up a nifty and extremely easy-to-use call tool on their website which helps you identify and call the proper Senator.
- Oppose Rex Tillerson for Secretary of State.
- Senate Democrats have the power to stop Trump. The question is whether or not they will have the courage to use it.
- Meanwhile, they are not mincing words about the Donald Trump’s #MuslimBan.
- Protests erupt at airports across the United States in reaction to executive orders put into place by Donald Trump that ban entry to the United States by Syrian refugees and citizens of 7 muslim nations.
- Protests are being held today at 1:00pm PST at LAX Tom Brady Arrivals Terminal, and at 1:00pm EST at the White House.
- Naturally, the ban demonizes Muslims while simultaneously exempting countries like Saudia Arabia, with whom Trump has business dealings.
- Trump has even waged a war on science, with this unprecedented requirement that scientific studies first undergo a political review.
BREAKING: Trump administration mandating EPA scientific studies, data undergo review by political staff before public release.
- You may recall a Huffington Post piece written by B4A Co-Founder Alex Mohajer entitled “Congress Must Impeach Donald Trump on Day One.” The piece argues Trump stands in violation of the emoluments clause and that he is a candidate for impeachment on day one of taking office. Well, this week a team of legal scholars has filed a law suit in federal district court in New York with the emoluments clause as the primary argument.
- And because it wouldn’t be a Trump controversy without a revelation about how it was a diversionary tactic all along, while America expressed it’s outrage over the #MuslimBan, Donald Trump quietly removed the Joint Chiefs of Staff of the National Security Council, putting Steve Bannon in as head.
- Remember… when Donald Trump is talking about voter fraud, he’s actually paving the way to deepen the voter SUPPRESSION that got him elected.