Well, this is just a cherry on top.
Variety is reporting that president-elect Donald Trump’s successful reality competition television program, “The Apprentice,” will return January 2, 2017 after a two- year hiatus, and that Trump will remain an executive producer on the show in it’s new incarnation.
The new series will continue to be run by long-time producer Marc Burnett and will feature Arnold Schwarzenegger in the executive host role previously filled by Trump. Variety is reporting that Trump will still be paid for the series, adding to his list of possible conflicts of interest as he assumes office.
This comes amidst reports that he does not plan to divest from his business and will maintain a stake. He claims his children will run operations while he serves.
- As Scott Pruitt Exits, Trump Plans His Second Stolen SCOTUS Seat
- Political Columnist Alex Mohajer Wins 2018 NLGJA Excellence in Journalism Award
- Mitch McConnell: You Are Beneath the Dignity of the United States Senate
- Doctor’s Orders: Dr. Dena Grayson Rings The Alarm On Trump/Russia
- 52 Years Later, Robert Kennedy’s ‘Ripple of Hope’ Speech Still Resonates