NEW YORK, NY – Wednesday September 28, 2016.
Not one for the history books, necessarily. And in terms of splashy moments, her commanding performance at the first Presidential debate on Monday will definitely be one people will remember.
The star wattage blazing across the country in support of top and down-ticket candidates was staggering. And the resulting effect on millennials and the working class could be just what this campaign needs. Let’s examine the evidence:
1. Michelle Obama eviscerated Trump on the birther issue while campaigning for Hillary in Pennsylvania. A hotly contested swing state.
Not only that, but her moment about being confounded as to why anyone could say they are not inspired by Hillary was a show-stopper for the ages. An excerpt of Michelle’s comments while speaking today at La Salle University:
“And here is what I absolutely know for sure — listen to this — right now we have an opportunity to elect one of the most qualified people who has ever endeavored to become president. Hillary — Hillary has been a lawyer, a law professor, first lady of Arkansas, first lady of the United States, a U.S. senator, secretary of state — do you hear me?
(APPLA– USE) See, that is why I am inspired by Hillary. I am inspired by her persistence and her consistency, by her heart and her guts. And I am inspired by her lifelong record of public service.
No one in our lifetime has ever had as much experience and exposure to the presidency: not Barack, not Bill, as he would say, nobody, and yes, she happens to be a woman.”
2. Hillary and former-rival Bernie Sanders campaigned together in New Hampshire, and Bernie was passionate about it. This photo. My god, this photo!
3. President Obama showed us all in Virginia tonight what it truly means to be Commander-in-Chief and how passionate, respectful, and loving a president must be to his (or her) military.
4. President Bill Clinton campaigned for Hillary in Ohio today. Bubba always delivers, and people underestimate how much Americans love their former presidents.
5. Vice President Joe Biden campaigned for Hillary in Pennsylvania yesterday.
6. Trump is really being held accountable today by the media for his incessant fat shaming of women, including Kim Kardashian.
7. Republicans went on CNN and told Don Lemon it’d be disastrous for Trump to bring up Bill Clinton’s discretions as president, given that most people feel sorry for Hillary for that very situation.
The tide of the election may be turning, but it is going to involve continued persistence and hard work to make sure this team effort pays off! All hands on deck!