Last Updated: October 30, 2018
Who we are
Our organization is Bros for America, a non-profit volunteer advocacy group. We are not a registered PAC or 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4). In fact we do not currently solicit any payments and everything you see on our site is done on a volunteer work-for-hire basis.
Our website address is: http://bros4america.com.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you fill out a form, send us an email, sign up to receive email or text message updates, request information, sign a petition, sign up as a volunteer, create an account, participate in a contest or promotion, make a donation or purchase, communicate with us via third party social media sites, , or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we collect may include your name, email address, social media handles, user names, location, and other contact or identifying information you choose to provide.
In addition, we have not currently applied for or receive tax-exempt status as prior to the 2016 presidential election we operated as solely volunteer-based with no personal exchange of money taking place. Beginning in February of 2017, we have begun to accept donations to help offset overhead costs of running our site and group. Accordingly we will provide quarterly financial disclosures and should we produce enough donations to require it, we will file for tax-exempt status by the end of 2017.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Sites
When you access or use our Sites, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve our Sites and your experience, see which areas and features of our Sites are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels” or “clear GIFs”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Sites or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Sites. For example if you create or log into your account through a social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site. We may also use such information for list matching purposes.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Sites and send you confirmations, receipts, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Provide and deliver the information or products you request, process donations and transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices,
- Respond to your emails, submissions, comments, questions and requests, provide customer service, request feedback, and otherwise contact you about your use of the Sites;
- Send you newsletters and otherwise provide you with information or services you request or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various campaigns, candidates, issues, events, resources, promotions, contests, products and services;
- Help connect you with other supporters, and to solicit volunteers, donations and support for B4A and for candidates, issues and organizations that we support;
- Contact you if other information is necessary under election laws;
- Remind you to vote and register to vote and assist you in finding your registration information, polling location and campaign events near you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Sites;
- Personalize and improve the Sites and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests or that are based on the information you provide or the actions you take;
- Notify and contact contest or sweepstakes entrants; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
B4A is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Sites or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers or volunteers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With candidates, organizations, campaigns, groups or causes that we believe have similar political viewpoints, principles or objectives or share similar goals and with organizations that facilitate communications and information sharing among such groups;
- With other participants in a joint fundraising committee;
- To report required information to the Federal Elections Commission, including name, mailing address, occupation, and name of employers of individuals whose contributions exceed $200 in an election cycle (for additional information, visit the FEC website at http://www.fec.gov);
- When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of B4A, its employees, volunteers, constituents or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any reorganization, formation of new committee or successor organization, asset sale or transfer, financing or lending transaction or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of HFA; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Sites that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
If you sign an online petition, you understand that such petition is public information and that we may make the petition, and your name, city, state, and any comments provided in connection therewith publicly available. In addition, we may provide such petitions or compilations thereof, including your comments, name, city, and state to national, state or local leaders, or to the press.
Social Sharing Features
The Sites may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Sites with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Another third party that may collect information by placing cookies and web beacons on your computer is IBM, who provides HFA with a cloud-based digital marketing platform. For information on IBM’s data collection and use practices please see http://www.ibm.com/software/marketingsolutions/privacy/index.html
For more information about Internet-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices.
B4A takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies that may be used in connection with our Sites. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Sites.
You may opt out of receiving updates and newsletters by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out, we may still send you other types of emails, such as those about your use of the Sites or any donations or transactions.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Personal data is not just created by a user’s interactions with your site. Personal data is also generated from technical processes such as contact forms, comments, cookies, analytics, and third party embeds.
By default WordPress does not collect any personal data about visitors, and only collects the data shown on the User Profile screen from registered users. However some of 0ur plugins may collect personal data. should add the relevant information below.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
By default, WordPress does not include a contact form. If you use a contact form plugin, use this subsection to note what personal data is captured when someone submits a contact form, and how long you keep it. For example, you may note that you keep contact form submissions for a certain period for customer service purposes, but you do not use the information submitted through them for marketing purposes.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Bros4America uses Google Analytics to collect analytics data pertaining to site traffic, length of user sessions, and and user demographics. We do not sell or share this information but retain it for personalizing services. This data is collected anonymously,
Who we share your data with
We do not share your private information to any third-party vendors or entities.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Our contact information
Information Services Manager
How we protect your data
Measures we have taken to protect your users’ data include technical measures such as encryption; SSL certification, McAfee security measures, two-factor authentication.
What data breach procedures we have in place
In this section you should explain what procedures you have in place to deal with data breaches, either potential or real, such as internal reporting systems, contact mechanisms, or bug bounties.
What third parties we receive data from
Instagram Feed WD
Use this suggested text to inform visitors about privacy: