One year. 365 days. 525,600 minutes. 50 podcast episodes. One epic blue wave that keeps on giving.
On the season finale of Bros for America, which also commemorates its 50th episode and the one year anniversary of its inception, show panelists Alex Mohajer, Rance Collins, Daniel Fusselman, and Thomas McAbee reflect on the first season of their podcast-that-could, and all of the events in Washington, D.C. that have transpired since November of last year.
“Exactly one year ago when we premiered our first episode, we were mourning the one year anniversary of the 2016 election,” said co-founder and show host Mohajer. “We organized a nationwide candlelight vigil, for Christ’s sake.”
The episode comes on the tail end of a massive blue wave in the 2018 midterm elections, which saw Democrats gaining an historic 40 seats in the U.S. House of Representatives, retaking that chamber and giving Democrats agenda-setting power and a much-needed check on the Trump Administration.
The panelists also selected their Hero of the Year and Shithole of the Year.
Heroes of the Year
- Democratic Gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams and black women (selected by Thomas McAbee)
- Adam Schiff and Nancy Pelosi (selected by Rance Collins)
- Beto O’Rourke and the Women of the Resistance (selected by Alex Mohajer)
- Special Counsel Robert Mueller and Former Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein (selected by Daniel Fusselman)
Shitholes of the Year
- Former Attorney General Jeff Sessions (selected by Daniel Fusselman)
- Kierstjen Nielsen, Ted Cruz, and Brett Kavanaugh (by Alex Mohajer)
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders (selected by Thomas McAbee)
- Senator Lindsey Graham (selected by Rance Collins)