Day 28 | BYE, BITCH: The First Casualties of the Resistance
Thank God it’s Friday. The first political casualties from the Trump Administration are in, and they are dropping like flies. Let’s review.
- Flynn. Late in the evening Tuesday night, Donald Trump National Security Advisor, General Michael Flynn, resigned amidst the growing scandal involving his communications with Russia PRIOR to Mr. Trump assuming office, regarding the lifting of American sanctions. If you’ll recall, General Flynn led gleeful chants of “lock her up! ” at the Republican National Convention this past July.
- Harward. Flynn’s job offered to Vice Admiral Robert Harward. He has declined!
- Puzder. Andrew Puzder, the chief executive of CKE Restaurants, which owns Hardee’s, and Donald Trump’s Labor Secretary Nominee, withdrew his nomination after seven Republican senators refused to back him. He is the 13th Cabinet pick in history to withdraw his nomination. Oprah is said to be responsible!
Moral of the Story if you’re Puzder or Flynn: Don’t FUCK WITH OPRAH. DON’T FUCK WITH HILLARY.
- Donald Trump is considering, along with Stephen Miller, myriad different ways to get the “Muslim Ban” through.”
- Steven Mnuchin was confirmed by the U.S. Senate to the Treasury in a close vote at split at 53-47 Monday evening. Mnuchin is a former banker who we, here at Bros4America, have been calling out for his past as a man who made a large fortune on the backs of foreclosing on struggling homeowners during the financial crisis
SUPER DEPLORABLE, BRO!
- If you haven’t caught the fiasco that took place at Mar-a-lago in Florida over the weekend: Here!
- Donald Trump raided up 670 immigrant Americans for deportation over the past few days, and in a Monday press conference, Trump could hardly contain his effusiveness and chortled a little before he said “I am just doing what we said we would do, and we won by a very big electoral college vote,” before referring to Mexicans as druglords and gang-members. “We’re gonna get the bad ones, the really bad ones,” Trump said. “A lot of people are really, really happy right now.”
- Kellyanne Conway is no longer welcome on “Morning Joe.” Others are murmuring that she could be the next Trump casualty (#4)